The history of our house dates back to the year 1658. Prince Metternich had the "Goldene Engel" built as a tavern of the Grafenegg castle.
In 1795 the inn became our property. We, the Ehrenreich family, are the 7th generation to run the "Goldene Engel".
As much as we are aware of the tradition, as much we are open for new things. With a lot of care we have rebuilt the hotel to match it with today's requirements. It was our goal to combine the social flair of th 17th century with the modern demands of our guests.
Our house is only a 5 minutes' walk to the pedestrian zone in the old town of Krems.