The community Ardagger - also called the gate to the "Strudengau" - lies embedded between the Danube and the gently rolling hills of the Mostviertel, and furthermore, the must street.
From the Kollmitz hill, the largest elevation of the community, you have a view reaching as far as the Ötscher mountain in the alpine upland. Only 5 km from Amstetten, the central traffic and shopping point of the region, Ardagger offers all modern infrastructure in a quiet, rural surrounding.
Ardagger is characterised by its 4 community parts:
- Stift Ardagger, the cultural centre and "must street village"
- Kollmitzberg, the panorama and pilgrimage hill ...
... - Markt Ardagger, the close shopping centre and biker´s centre
- Stephanshart, must street village at the Danube bicycle trail
Historical and modern cultural enjoyment / museums are as much offered as sport and fun at the Danube and culinary delicacies featuring the must in cosy inns.
From Ardagger Markt to the so-called "Voggenau", an 8 km cross country skiing run leads. It has been composed in a way such as not to disturb wildlife in the Au woods.
An ideal start is at the B 119 near Markt Ardagger.
But also in summer, we offer a lot of sport facilities:
* Cycling and rollerskating at the Danube cycle trail
* Skating and boarding at the Danube wave park
* Hiking on the beautiful hiking paths and along the Danube
* Riding on the paths in the community
* Beach Volleyball at the Danube wave park
* Playing tennis on the courts of the sport union Ardagger
* Asphalt curling
* Water skiing at the water skiing school Raderbauer
* Swimming and surfing on the Danube