Holiday paradise for the whole family -
Make new FRIENDS in perfect tune with NATURE!
Grünau im Almtal, an idyllic SUMMER & WINTER holiday resort in the foothills of the Totes Gebirge mountain range - FAR AWAY from noisy traffic routes and tourist centers, is conveniently embedded in the scenic East of the SALZKAMMERGUT Region.
Endless woods, marvelous landscapes, unspoilt nature and a varied fauna and flora await you in this truly unique oasis for all those in search of rest and relaxation. That is why also Konrad Lorenz, the world-famous ethologist, chose to live here.
Special Highlights ...
* Cumberland WILDLIFE PARK
* Schindlbach KIDS´ WORLD
* ALMSEE Nature Preserve
* KONRAD LORENZ Research Center
* Farrenau MOUNTAIN ROAD (up to 1,200m above sea level)
* HIKING TRAILS for all ages and ambitions
* FOREST THEME TRAIL - "Trees, Wildlife, Miracles"
* Almtal FARMERS´ PROGRAM for CHILDREN
* FAIRYTALES by Helmut Wittmann
* Grünau-KASBERG SKI AREA (ski school, free skibus shuttle)
* CROSS COUNTRY SKIING Network
Theme trails, outdoor pool, hiking trails, tennis center, sauna, indoor pool from 6:30 pm
Grünau is located right on the ROMANCE TRAIL!
Home of the Graylag Goose
Valley of ravens and graylag geese ....
Grünau´s favorite colors are green and white.
Green of all shades ... Emerald rivers and lakes, deep green forests and woods, lush meadows in full bloom, jade Alpine pastures.
Endless white ... Narcissus fields, glittering mountain peaks in spring, white rocks and stones, a thousand different tones.
Grünau has a lot to offer: not only breathtaking landscapes and well-preserved nature treasures ... also stunning views and a unique wildlife.