The church was donated by the religious citizens of Salzburg during the time of the black death. Thankfully about overcoming this dark time between 1465 and 1495 the church was dedicated to the holy Sebastian which is the patron saint against the black death. The church was finished 1502.
1858 a stroke of lightening emblazed the church and she had to be built new. After this the stile was new gothic. 2002 the church had been renovated and adapted to a modern standard (heating).