There is evidence of a settlement in Holzhausen prior to the Neolithic Age. The tiny commune is part of the District of Wels Country.
The foundation of the village is connected with the building of a church amidst the woods. In time long past wine was grown in this area while today the fertile loamy soil is used for agriculture and farming.
Must-sees include the ancient Backhaus Building on the historic downtown square that was built between 1820 and 1833 and seems to have changed little in the course of time. In the center of Holzhausen the lovingly refurbished Parish Church building is a central focus for visitors to the town.