Brixental: Summer break in the Kitzbühel Alps
Located in the Kitzbühel Alps, Brixental is a prime destination for walking and hiking enthusiasts. It offers easy terrain for leisurely walks, but also challenging tours to summits of 2,000 meters. Enjoy your outdoor adventure in an unspoiled environment and take in those stunning views. Themed trails make walking and hiking in Tirol an unparalleled experience even for children. Visit the Westendorf Erlebnispark for a hands-on nature experience for the whole family. Try delicious cheese at the local dairy or drop in at one of the cozy mountain lodges and restaurants for a decent meal or refreshments.
The Nostalgia Train commissioned by Erzherzog Karl Ludwig has been operating since 1875. It adds a touch of imperial splendor to a holiday in the mountains of Tirol. Brixental comprises the villages of Brixen, the main community where the valley reaches its maximum width, and the bigger resorts of Hopfgarten and Kirchberg. The valley has always been known for offering that heartfelt hospitality, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and perfect tourist infrastructure so essential to an overall memorable vacation, both in summer and winter.
More detailed information provided by the Tourist Board
Austria's largest ski area tempts lovers of winter sports with new lifts, spectacular events and a great variety of family offers.
Three villages, two ski areas, 449km of immaculate slopes. And a great mix of fun sports and party life. The villages of Brixen im Thale, Kirchberg and Westendorf form Brixental valley - they are located amidst the impressive mountainscape of the Kitzbühel Alps. The charm of the Brixental valley is known far beyond the borders. Typical Tirolean hospitality and gemuetlichkeit and the flair of the charming nature make for unique holidays.
Try either the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental or the Kitzbühel ski area. So go carving in Austria's largest interconnected ski area or try the world-famous Kitzbühel ski area and the "Streif" slope.
Highlights and News:
· direct access to the Kitzbühel/Kirchberg and the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental Valley ski areas
· 1 ski pass for both areas as well as 5 more
· 449km of slopes (309km can be covered with artificial snow)
· 145 railways and lifts
· more than 100 huts and inns
· night skiing on 3 flood-lit slopes
· snowboard fun parks
· more than 80km of cross-country skiing tracks and skating tracks
· more than 100km of cleared winter hiking trails
· 3 toboggan tracks (one of them floodlit at night)
Summer in Brixental
Green, blossoming, carefree...
The villages of Brixen im Thale, Kirchberg and Westendorf form Brixental valley - they are located amidst the impressive mountainscape of the Kitzbühel Alps.
The charm of the Brixental valley is known far beyond the borders. Typical Tirolean hospitality and gemuetlichkeit and the flair of the charming nature make for unique holidays.
Sports facilities, relaxation facilities, offers for families and children and numerous events and highlights fascinate our guests again and again.
What Brixental offers:
· 500km of hiking trails and numerous possibilities for a stop - ideal for pleasant hikes and demanding mountaineering tours
· 3 nature worlds for families and hikers (ALPINOLINO park for explorers in Westendorf, Filzalmsee world in Hochbrixen, Spertentaler Kneipp Water)
· Nordic Walking: NW park, test center, NW schools, NW instructors
· 400km of cycling trails and mountain bike trails
· Austria's first mountain bike school
· 2 bathing lakes, 1 outdoor swimming bath
· daily family and children entertainment program