Brixental: Winter break in the Kitzbühel Alps
Brixental has all the prerequisites for a perfect winter vacation: snow-covered mountains, woods and pastures that lend themselves to winter walking and ski mountaineering; two nearby ski areas; and several sledge tracks which are easily accessible by gondola and offer sledge rental points, thus saving you the effort of uphill transportation. Brixen, Kirchberg and Westendorf feature endless tracks for cross-country skiing that wind their ways all through the valley. In addition, there is a high-altitude track in Hochbrixen (1,300 m), popular for its magnificent views.
Brixental is home to Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental, Austria’s largest lift-linked ski area, and the Kirchberg-Kitzbühel ski area. Enjoy immaculate ski runs, wide powder slopes, innumerable highlights and attractions (including the igloo village) and internationally renowned events.
More detailed information provided by the Tourist Board
Summer in Brixental
Green, blossoming, carefree...
The villages of Brixen im Thale, Kirchberg and Westendorf form Brixental valley - they are located amidst the impressive mountainscape of the Kitzbühel Alps.
The charm of the Brixental valley is known far beyond the borders. Typical Tirolean hospitality and gemuetlichkeit and the flair of the charming nature make for unique holidays.
Sports facilities, relaxation facilities, offers for families and children and numerous events and highlights fascinate our guests again and again.
What Brixental offers:
· 500km of hiking trails and numerous possibilities for a stop - ideal for pleasant hikes and demanding mountaineering tours
· 3 nature worlds for families and hikers (ALPINOLINO park for explorers in Westendorf, Filzalmsee world in Hochbrixen, Spertentaler Kneipp Water)
· Nordic Walking: NW park, test center, NW schools, NW instructors
· 400km of cycling trails and mountain bike trails
· Austria's first mountain bike school
· 2 bathing lakes, 1 outdoor swimming bath
· daily family and children entertainment program
Austria's largest ski area tempts lovers of winter sports with new lifts, spectacular events and a great variety of family offers.
Three villages, two ski areas, 449km of immaculate slopes. And a great mix of fun sports and party life. The villages of Brixen im Thale, Kirchberg and Westendorf form Brixental valley - they are located amidst the impressive mountainscape of the Kitzbühel Alps. The charm of the Brixental valley is known far beyond the borders. Typical Tirolean hospitality and gemuetlichkeit and the flair of the charming nature make for unique holidays.
Try either the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental or the Kitzbühel ski area. So go carving in Austria's largest interconnected ski area or try the world-famous Kitzbühel ski area and the "Streif" slope.
Highlights and News:
· direct access to the Kitzbühel/Kirchberg and the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental Valley ski areas
· 1 ski pass for both areas as well as 5 more
· 449km of slopes (309km can be covered with artificial snow)
· 145 railways and lifts
· more than 100 huts and inns
· night skiing on 3 flood-lit slopes
· snowboard fun parks
· more than 80km of cross-country skiing tracks and skating tracks
· more than 100km of cleared winter hiking trails
· 3 toboggan tracks (one of them floodlit at night)