Whether for a day or for a week, a stop in St. Pölten is always worth your time. There is hardly any other town offering as many contrasts as St. Pölten. Discover our treasures along a stroll through the old town with its former Baroque and art nouveau buildings or the hyper modern governmental and cultural district...
The following is true of a vivid experience in the youngest federal capital of Austria:
- magnificent buildings in Baroque and art nouveau style
- a whole range of modern style buildings
- a varied cultural event programme over the whole course of the year with a proper cultural district
- St. Pölten as a shopping district with the ...
... second largest pedestrian zone of Austria
- "Lake experience" (3 in the middle of the town), four recreational zones nearby and 46 natural monuments
- 192 km of walk ways for jogging and walking, 120 km of cycling routes
- direct connection to the Traisental cycling route (access from the Danube cycling route via St. Pölten to Mariazell)
- large offer in terms of gastronomy and accommodation
- central location of St. Pölten in Lower Austria - ideal as a starting point for excursions into the surroundings
A detailed listing can be found in the menu section Events.