Truly varied Summer Holidays
Simply relaxing or enjoying active holidays? Mountains, Alpine lakes and picture-book little villages make a breathtaking backdrop for memorable summer holidays. Everything is possible: take a refreshing swim at Lake Walchsee, indulge in the gorgeous views of the Kaisergebirge Mountains. There is nothing more calming than a warm summer's day by the lovely lake with plenty of sunshine and picture-book panoramic vistas. How about some water adventures like kayaking or water skiing? Swimming is just one of the many summer activities available in scenic Walchsee. Holiday makers can choose from a myriad of fantastic walking paths, hiking trails and mountain biking routes. Additionally, the area features 3 golf courses – one 9-hole golf course is located right at Lake Walchsee, embedded in the stunning Alpine scenery of the Wilder Kaiser mountain massif.
More detailed information provided by the Tourist Board
Welcome to the Kaiserwinkl region!
Kaiserwinkl/Tirol has to offer a lot for skiers and young families
At first the holiday region seems to be an area ideal for cross-country skiing. And that's true, the Kaiserwinkl region offers 140 km of trails and is among Austria's best cross-country skiing areas. Although the area is ideal for cross-country skiing it's also ideal for alpine skiing. On Unterberg mountain, the trademark mountain of Kössen, skiers will find a very diverse area 1700 m above sea level where snow is guaranteed. You can ski there from December until April. The downhill run from the upper terminal of the Unterberghornbahn lift to the valley is served by snow-making facilities. Walchsee, the first village of the Kaiserwinkl region after leaving the motorway, is perfect for skiing. The conditions at the ski area Zahmer Kaiser are ideal for families. 10 different downhill runs (15 km) offer a perfect view. There are 5 nursery lifts among the 10 lifts of the area and the 1-seater chair lift has been replaced by a modern 4-seater chair lift. Two snow guns guarantee snow already at an altitude of 1000 m. Walchsee's ski school features a modern ski kindergarten with a magic carpet and a carrousel.
Mountains for Emperors, Summers for Kings, Rates for Everybody
Holidays in the Kaiserwinkl/Tirol are affordable for everyone!
Water Fun in Walchsee
Pristine Walchsee is Tirol's warmest lake (24C) and its flat shores are ideal for families with young children. The town of the same name, which is nestled on the northern and western lake shores, is a picture-book perfect Tirolean village replete with beautifully decorated houses and elegant hotels, most of which afford great views of the majestic Kaiser Mountains.
Walchsee is a wonderful holiday destination for active families and offers all kinds of activities including swimming, hiking, sailing, windsurfing, tennis, cycling and much more. The Kaiserwinkel's most beautiful cycling tours start and end in Walchsee.
ROYAL HIKING WEEK
Enjoy spectacular nature walks amid the famous Wilder Kaiser Mountains!
2 May through 26 October 2009!
The package includes the following:
* 7 breakfast nights in a double room with shower/WC in a comfortable guesthouse in Kaiserwinkel
* free admission to the swimming pools in Kössen, the eastern bathing beach at Walchsee and the outdoor swimming pools in Reit im Winkl (approx. mid May through mid September)
* 1 full-day hike, 1 themed hike (e.g. full moon hike, hut hike, barefoot hike, etc.), 1 half-day hike; all hikes include packed snacks.
* Von Tiroler Bergsportführern geplante und begleitete Routen, mit Erklärung der umgebenen Gebirgslandschaft, Pflanzenleben im Gebirge, Vögel, Wild, Ratschläge und Tipps
* Kostenlose Bereitstellung von Wanderstöcken für den gesamten Aufenthalt
* Jeder Teilnehmer erhält eine Fußreflexzonenmasse (nach uralter chinesischer Gesundheitsmethode. Durch die Reizsetzung der FRZ werden positive Beeinflussungen der Organfunktion festgestellt.
* Kaiserwinkl hiking map with detailed route description
* Hiking pin and hiking pass
Free use of all scheduled buses within Kaiserwinkl (for guest card holders; from mid June through mid September)
Price per person: Euro 180
Single room supplement: Euro 28