From the north:
* A12 highway via Kufstein, Innsbruck, Ötztal exit
* Garmisch, Mittenwald, Seefeld, Mösern, Telfs, B 171 road or highway, Ötztal exit
* Garmisch, Fernpass, Imst, B 171 road to Innsbruck or A 12 highway, Ötztal exit
From the east:
* Highway via Salzburg, Kufstein, Innsbruck, Ötztal exit
* Felbertauern, St. Johann, Wörgl, Inntal highway
From the west:
* Arlbergtunnel, A 12 Inntal highway, Ötztal exit
From the south:
* Brenner highway, Innsbruck, A 12 highway, Ötztal exit
* Reschenpass, Landeck, A 12 highway
* Via Innsbruck or Landeck to Ötztal-Bahnhof
* Buses to the Ötztal valley operate every 30 minutes
* Innsbruck (65 km), then take the bus or train to the Ötztal valley
* Zurich (295 km), then take the train
* Munich (195 km), then take the train
* Salzburg (230 km), then take the train
Elevation / distance from the valley entrance
* Sautens: 812 m / 1 km
* Ötz: 820 m / 4 km
* Umhausen: 1,036 m /13 km
* Niederthai: 1,550 m / 20 km
* Längenfeld: 1,171 m / 24 km
* Gries: 1,600 m / 29 km
* Sölden: 1,377 m / 33 km
* Vent: 1,900 m / 49 km
* Obergurgl: 1,930 m / 51 km
Smooth riding on cyling trails along "Ötztaler Ache" river - enjoy the beautiful scenery! Short climbs are followed by flat sections leading to the resort of Sautens. Cycle past gently sloping meadows between Sautens and Ötz in the western part of the valley. Wide gravel roads are followed by tranquil asphalt roads.
Large alpine meadows looking like green carpets, shady mountain forests, mountain streams flanked by old Tirolean farmhouses. At the village of Tumpen the trail leads to the other side of the valley. You will visit cozy farm villages like Platzl and Lehn, where Ötztal farmers do their usual farm work, not influenced by tourism. Watch rock climbers at the Engelswand rockface. Discover the quiet and hidden places of the valley between Umhausen and Längenfeld. Just peace and nature.
Once you have passed the Obergurgl center, the really challenging part of the trail awaits you. The first bend towards the Nederhütte hut is lung bursting. Even if it is followed by easy terrain, the last climb before the Schönwieshütte hut is so demanding that it takes a lot of concentration and intense pedalling. A winding track flanked by steep rockfaces finally leads to the Karlsruher Hütte hut.
We will be happy to send you the free Ötztal mountain bike trail map!!
Conquer Tirol´s largest vacation valley with the Ötztal Card!
This inexpensive card entitles you to make free use of a myriad of tourist facilities in the Ötztal valley. Free public transportation and lifts (except Tiefenbach and Rettenbach glacier), free admission to the museums and the swimming pools.