Elevation: 1000 m
Location: By a mountain, Close to ski slopes
Holidays in Austria's most beautiful village: this means fresh air, lush meadows and a breath-taking scenery. The village's character is unique in Europe. Alpbach is also famous for the international congress "European Forum Alpbach" which has been held here every Summer since 1945 and has a great importance as platform for economists, scientists, politicians and artists.
Alpbach is just a mountain village, but it's Austria's most beautiful village. Whether you want to hike, cycle, paraglide, play tennis or just relax and replenish your energy - Alpbach is always the right place.
Alpbach has a population of 2,600 and occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau at some 1,000m above sea level. Thanks to its homogenous architectural style and lovely floral decorations Alpach was voted "Austria´s Most Beautiful Village" in 1983. At the 1993 Entente Florale competition Alpbach won the title "Europe´s Most Beautiful Flower Village" for its outstanding floral achievements.
Alpbach has always preserved harmony, security, beauty and its own cultural identity. Since 1953 new houses have only been built according to the typical Alpbach style.
Included daily at no extra cost:
• Wiedersbergerhornbahn lift in Alpbach incl. kids program at Lauserland
• Reitherkogelbahn lift Reith i. A.
• Sonnwendjochbahn lift in Kramsach
• Busses in Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT)
• Tennis & Squash
• WAVE Wörgl Water Worlds
• Bathing lake in Reith i. A.
• Bathing lake in Kramsach
• Outdoor swimming pools in Brixlegg
• Outdoor swimming pools in Münster
• Museum of Tyrolean Farmhouses in Kramsach
• Guided hikes daily Mon to Fri
• Guided tour of Rattenberg
• Augustiner Museum Rattenberg with new viewing platform
• Juppi Kid's Club in Reith im Alpbachtal – childcare 5x / week
• Guided bike tours & skills training
• Curling in Brandenberg
• 10% - 50% discount at bonus partners
Information is subject to change!
Book your holidays now and get the free Alpbachtal Seenland Card!
Alpbach occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau in the Alpbach Valley. The "White Oscar" Alpbach was awarded by the Good Skiing and Snowboarding Guide has nothing to do with Hollywood. It is given to the best small ski resort in Europe once a year. Small but beautiful, that's what Alpbach stands for.
Alpbach - a Winter fairy tale come true
Alpbach offers every amenity you will need for an unforgettable winter holiday, including powder and firn snow slopes on the Wiedersbergerhorn. From Alpbach and Inneralpbach the Wiedersbergerhorn and Pöglbahn lifts take you to an altitude of 2,000 m above sea level within no time at all.
NEW in December 2012: New ski lift from Inneralpbach to Schatzberg, connecting the Alpbach and Wildschönau ski areas. Together they offer a total of 145 km of ski runs. Off-piste activities include ski mountaineering and backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing and winter walking.
Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, walking, tobogganing, ice skating, paragliding, romantic rides in a horse-drawn sleigh, etc.
Since 1945 Alpbach has been the venue for the Alpbach European Forum with leading figures from the worlds of science, business, the arts and politics. With its new Congress Centrum and fascinating architecture will also be a popular venue for conferences in the future.
• Alpbachtal ski passes – special rates (valid from 3-day ski passes) as per price list.
• Free skiing for children up to age 15 at the beginners lifts in Kramsach
• Free skiing for children up to age 15 at the draglift in Brandenberg
• Regio/Skibus Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT)***
• WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelt - adventure pool* (Mo-Fr)
• Tennis & Squash - indoor courts Kramsach
• Snow shoe hiking in Alpbach, Reitherkogel, Brandenberg**
• Guided cross country tour in Breitenbach**
• Free use of the cross country trails throughout the region
• Guests-Biathlon in Brandenberg**
• Ice skating & skate hire in Reith i. A.
• Torchlight walks in Alpbach, Reith i. A., Kramsach and Münster**
• Free toboggan hire in Münster**
• Air rifle shooting in Breitenbach**
• Ice curling in Brandenberg
• 1 day Juppi Kid´s Club Reith i. A.
• Free Winter panorama map available in your tourist information office
• Reductions of 10-50% with various bonus partners
* Except Youth and school groups.
** Guided activities are for individuals and small groups of up to 15 people only. Further guided tours depending on availability.
*** Groups numbering 20 persons or more only on request.
Information is subject to change!
Book your holidays now and get the Alpbachtal Seenland Card for free!
Prices per night
|Hotels||from EUR 41.00|
|Apartments / Holiday Homes||from EUR 13.00|
|Bed and Breakfast||from EUR 24.00|
|Farms||from EUR 13.00|
|Private accommodation||from EUR 16.25|
|Guest Houses||from EUR 34.00|
|Themed holidays||from EUR 16.25|