Europe's most beautiful village
If you are looking for a truly neat holiday village, then Alpbach is the right place. The lovely resort is embedded in lush green, sun-flooded meadows. Alpbach is known as Austria's most beautiful village. The Alpbachtal valley has always been focusing on genuine hospitality in close touch with nature. Guests especially appreciate the picture-book scenery of the village center, comprising a myriad of typical wooden farmhouses in authentic Tirolean style. In the summer Alpbach's balconies and gardens are lovingly decorated with colorful flowers. Therefore the entire region makes a splendid place for walking, hiking and family holidays. During the winter season the valley boasts the huge Ski Juwel Alpbachtal Wildschönau ski area ranking among the country's premium winter sport areas.
Family Ski Holidays in Alpbach
Glittering winter wonderland, snow-covered meadows, scenic farmhouses wearing their white dress. Endless sunshine under a deep blue sky. Unique winter idyll at its very best. Alpbach and Alpbachtal valley resemble a winter fairytale just perfect for walkers in search of peace and quiet. Nordic skiing fans can choose from two wildly romantic cross-country skiing tracks leading to secluded side valleys amid unspoilt nature.
Inneralpbach is the valley's Alpine skiing center. Top modern Pöglbahn mountain gondola whisks winter sport fans up to the Wiedersbergerhorn ski mountain. Opposite you find the Schatzberg ski mountain which is connected to Wildschönau. The entire Ski Juwel Alpbachtal Wildschönau offers 145 slope kilometers suitable for skiers, snowboarders and riders. Alpbach's ski area is made to measure for family ski holidays thanks to wide open slopes, practicing lifts for all skill levels, and highlights for the youngest guests like the Kids Center.
Mountain Summer in Alpbach
Alpbach with its superb farmhouses decorated with thousands of blooming flowers makes a real summer holiday paradise, surrounded by the mighty Kitzbühel Alps. A wonderful summer stay in Alpbach promises genuine hospitality and authentic Alpine holiday experience. The awe-inspiring landscapes add to great mountain exploration including walking, cycling, mountain biking and a many more activities. Scenic lake Reither See at the entrance to the valley, warmly invites you to take a refreshing swim.
The walking tour to Bischofer Alm is an easy stroll for all ages. Towering high above Alpbach, this mountain hut offers stunning views of the Alpine scenery. Hikers with enough stamina can continue to Gratlspitz peak. The quaint mountain hut is always worth a visit. On the valley's opposite side you find Wiedersbergerhorn mountain gondola taking nature fans up to Alpbach's hiking area. Children will love the Kiddy Lauserland next to the top station, where unlimited mountain and nature exploration are scheduled for the youngest guests.
More detailed information provided by the Tourist Board
Alpbach - Austria's most beautiful village
Alpbach occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau in the Alpbach Valley. The "White Oscar" Alpbach was awarded by the Good Skiing and Snowboarding Guide has nothing to do with Hollywood. It is given to the best small ski resort in Europe once a year. Small but beautiful, that's what Alpbach stands for.
Alpbach - a Winter fairy tale come true
Alpbach offers every amenity you will need for an unforgettable winter holiday, including powder and firn snow slopes on the Wiedersbergerhorn. From Alpbach and Inneralpbach the Wiedersbergerhorn and Pöglbahn lifts take you to an altitude of 2,000 m above sea level within no time at all.
NEW in December 2012: New ski lift from Inneralpbach to Schatzberg, connecting the Alpbach and Wildschönau ski areas. Together they offer a total of 145 km of ski runs. Off-piste activities include ski mountaineering and backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing and winter walking.
Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, walking, tobogganing, ice skating, paragliding, romantic rides in a horse-drawn sleigh, etc.
Since 1945 Alpbach has been the venue for the Alpbach European Forum with leading figures from the worlds of science, business, the arts and politics. With its new Congress Centrum and fascinating architecture will also be a popular venue for conferences in the future.
NEW: Alpbachtal Seenland Card
The following services are included free of charge:
• Free skiing for children up to age 15 at the beginners lifts in Kramsach
• Free skiing for children up to age 15 at the draglift in Brandenberg
• Regio/Skibus Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT)***
• WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelt - adventure pool* (Mo-Fr)
• Tennis & Squash - indoor courts Kramsach
• Snow shoe hiking in Alpbach, Reitherkogel, Brandenberg**
• Guided cross country tour in Breitenbach**
• Free use of the cross country trails throughout the region
• Guests-Biathlon in Brandenberg**
• Ice skating & skate hire in Reith i. A.
• Torchlight walks in Alpbach, Reith i. A., Kramsach and Münster**
• Free toboggan hire in Münster**
• Air rifle shooting in Breitenbach**
• Ice curling in Brandenberg
• 1 day Juppi Kid´s Club Reith i. A.
• Free Winter panorama map available in your tourist information office
• Reductions of 10-50% with various bonus partners
* Except Youth and school groups.
** Guided activities are for individuals and small groups of up to 15 people only. Further guided tours depending on availability.
*** Groups numbering 20 persons or more only on request.
Subject to change!
Alpbach - Austria's most beautiful village
Holidays in Austria's most beautiful village: this means fresh air, lush meadows and a breath-taking scenery. The village's character is unique in Europe. Alpbach is also famous for the international congress "European Forum Alpbach" which has been held here every Summer since 1945 and has a great importance as platform for economists, scientists, politicians and artists.
Alpbach is just a mountain village, but it's Austria's most beautiful village. Whether you want to hike, cycle, paraglide, play tennis or just relax and replenish your energy - Alpbach is always the right place.
Alpbach has a population of 2,600 and occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau at some 1,000m above sea level. Thanks to its homogenous architectural style and lovely floral decorations Alpach was voted "Austria´s Most Beautiful Village" in 1983. At the 1993 Entente Florale competition Alpbach won the title "Europe´s Most Beautiful Flower Village" for its outstanding floral achievements.
Alpbach has always preserved harmony, security, beauty and its own cultural identity. Since 1953 new houses have only been built according to the typical Alpbach style.
Alpbachtal Seenland Card
This guest card will be issued at your accommodation free of charge!
Included daily at no extra cost:
• Wiedersbergerhornbahn (mountain lift) Alpbach with children’s „Lauserland“
• Reitherkogelbahn (mountain lift) Reith i. A. with Juppi Zauberwald circular path
• Sonnwendjochbahn (mountain lift) Kramsach
• NEW: Markjochbahn (mountain lift) Niederau - Wildschönau
• NEW: Schatzbergbahn (mountain lift) Auffach - Wildschönau
• NEW: Farming museum z'Bach Oberau - Wildschönau (not on Thursdays)
• Regiobus Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT) - bus services**
• NEW: Tennis in Kundl
• Tennis in Kramsach
• Indoor swimming pool WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelten
• Reither Badesee Reith i. A. – bathing lake Reith i. A.
• Reintalersee, Kramsach – lake Reintal Kramsach
• Schwimmbad Brixlegg – swimming pool Brixlegg
• Schwimmbad Münster – swimming pool Münster
• Museum of Tyrolean Farmhouses in Kramsach
• Augustinian Museum, Rattenberg
• Mon. – Fri. guided walks (see weekly programme)
• Wed - Guided tour of Rattenberg
• Juppi Kid´s Club Reith i.A. – 5 x a week childcare (Mon. – Fri.)
• guided bike tours & biking technique courses
• curling at the sports facility in Brandenberg
• Sightseeing bus Jenbach-Stans-Schwaz
• reductions at participating partners
Information is subject to change!
Book your Alpbachtal holiday and get the Alpbachtal Seenland Card for free!