Elevation: 1000 m
Location: By a mountain, Close to ski slopes
Holidays in Austria's most beautiful village: this means fresh air, lush meadows and a breath-taking scenery. The village's character is unique in Europe. Alpbach is also famous for the international congress "European Forum Alpbach" which has been held here every Summer since 1945 and has a great importance as platform for economists, scientists, politicians and artists.
Alpbach is just a mountain village, but it's Austria's most beautiful village. Whether you want to hike, cycle, paraglide, play tennis or just relax and replenish your energy - Alpbach is always the right place.
Alpbach has a population of 2,600 and occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau at some 1,000m above sea level. Thanks to its homogenous architectural style and lovely floral decorations Alpach was voted "Austria´s Most Beautiful Village" in 1983. At the 1993 Entente Florale competition Alpbach won the title "Europe´s Most Beautiful Flower Village" for its outstanding floral achievements.
Alpbach has always preserved harmony, security, beauty and its own cultural identity. Since 1953 new houses have only been built according to the typical Alpbach style.
Included daily at no extra cost:
• Wiedersbergerhornbahn (mountain lift) Alpbach with children’s „Lauserland“
• Reitherkogelbahn (mountain lift) Reith i. A. with Juppi Zauberwald
• Sonnwendjochbahn (mountain lift) Kramsach
• NEW: Markjochbahn (mountain lift) Niederau - Wildschönau
• NEW: Schatzbergbahn (mountain lift) Auffach - Wildschönau
• Regiobus Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT) - bus services**
• Tennis & Squash at the Kramsach Tennis centre (indoor & outdoor)
• Reither Badesee Reith i. A. – bathing lake Reith i. A.
• Reintalersee, Kramsach – lake Reintal Kramsach
• Schwimmbad Brixlegg – swimming pool Brixlegg
• Schwimmbad Münster – swimming pool Münster
• WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelt - adventure pool (Mon-Fri 2,5 hrs)***
• Museum of Tyrolean Farmhouses in Kramsach
• Augustinian Museum, Rattenberg
• NEW: Wildschönauer Schaubergwerk in Thierbach - Wildschönau
• Mon. – Fri. guided walks (see weekly programme)*
• Wed - Guided tour of Rattenberg*
• Juppi Kid´s Club Reith i.A. – 5 x a week childcare (Mon. – Fri.)*
• Mon. 1 guided bike initiation tour in Kramsach*
• NEW: Tue. 1 biking technique course for families*
• curling at the sports facility in Brandenberg*
• NEW: Sighseeing bus Jenbach-Stans-Schwaz
• reductions of 10 to 50 % at participating partners
Information is subject to change!
Alpbach occupies a beautiful location on a sunny plateau in the Alpbach Valley. The "White Oscar" Alpbach was awarded by the Good Skiing and Snowboarding Guide has nothing to do with Hollywood. It is given to the best small ski resort in Europe once a year. Small but beautiful, that's what Alpbach stands for.
Alpbach - a Winter fairy tale come true
Alpbach offers every amenity you will need for an unforgettable winter holiday, including powder and firn snow slopes on the Wiedersbergerhorn. From Alpbach and Inneralpbach the Wiedersbergerhorn and Pöglbahn lifts take you to an altitude of 2,000 m above sea level within no time at all.
NEW in December 2012: New ski lift from Inneralpbach to Schatzberg, connecting the Alpbach and Wildschönau ski areas. Together they offer a total of 145 km of ski runs. Off-piste activities include ski mountaineering and backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing and winter walking.
Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, walking, tobogganing, ice skating, paragliding, romantic rides in a horse-drawn sleigh, etc.
Since 1945 Alpbach has been the venue for the Alpbach European Forum with leading figures from the worlds of science, business, the arts and politics. With its new Congress Centrum and fascinating architecture will also be a popular venue for conferences in the future.
• Free skiing for children up to age 15 at the beginners lifts in Kramsach
• Free skiing for children up to age 15 at the draglift in Brandenberg
• Regio/Skibus Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT)***
• WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelt - adventure pool* (Mo-Fr)
• Tennis & Squash - indoor courts Kramsach
• Snow shoe hiking in Alpbach, Reitherkogel, Brandenberg**
• Guided cross country tour in Breitenbach**
• Free use of the cross country trails throughout the region
• Guests-Biathlon in Brandenberg**
• Ice skating & skate hire in Reith i. A.
• Torchlight walks in Alpbach, Reith i. A., Kramsach and Münster**
• Free toboggan hire in Münster**
• Air rifle shooting in Breitenbach**
• Ice curling in Brandenberg
• 1 day Juppi Kid´s Club Reith i. A.
• Free Winter panorama map available in your tourist information office
• Reductions of 10-50% with various bonus partners
* Except Youth and school groups.
** Guided activities are for individuals and small groups of up to 15 people only. Further guided tours depending on availability.
*** Groups numbering 20 persons or more only on request.
Subject to change!
Prices per night
|Hotels||from EUR 82.00|
|Apartments / Holiday Homes||from EUR 22.00|
|Bed and Breakfast||from EUR 48.00|
|Farms||from EUR 26.00|
|Private accommodation||from EUR 35.00|
|Guest Houses||from EUR 62.00|
|Themed holidays||from EUR 13.50|