- Roman architecture and design
- Four saunas resembling Roman jars
- Amphitheater - Ceremony of producing scented steam
- Two-storey atrium with elaborately designed staircase and fountain
- Direct access from the pools to the sauna garden and terraces - 4,000m² mineral pool (90m²)
- 2 outdoor saunas surrounded by sunbathing areas and parks - view of the mountains
- Kneipp facilities, snow shower, theme trails, biotope
ROMANUM for children
- New, 500m² children's area (indoor and outdoor)
- Children's pool and relax pool
- Massage nozzles (50m²) and light show
- Paddling pool for toddlers (20m²) with slide, flume, water hedgehog
- Child care and entertainment, Asterix films
- Children's area / relaxation area for adults
NORICUM in a regional context
- This level is marked by natural materials - water, wood and stone
- Two saunas made of local timber
- Contrasting colors
- 10m² "Kieselstein" basin
- Wellness bar, beauty and massage area
MAXIMUM - Roman joie-de-vivre
- Exclusive relaxation area on the top level
- Finnish sauna, steam room, saltwater inhalation, infrared light sauna, bio sauna
- Temporary offers
- Direct access to the semi-covered outdoor pool (40m²) with loungers
From the ski runs to the spas - Marvelous view of the Franz Klammer ski run!
Give it a try!
Indoor: 33 - 34 °C
Outdoor: 28 - 32 °C
Bad Kleinkirchheimer Thermen GmbH
A-9546 Bad Kleinkirchheim
Phone +43(0)4240 / 8282-201
Fax +43(0)4240 / 8282-180
- HOT STONE massage with essential oils
- NORDIC WALKING MASSAGE: foot reflexology, legs, neck and shoulders - Speik oil
- Classic massages
- Classic back massage
- Facial treatment for ladies: skin analysis, cleansing, peeling, mask
- Eye lifting with ampoules, patches and cream
- Facial treatment for men: cleansing, peeling, massage, pack, cream
- Pedicure with foot bath and massage
- Speik foot treatment: foot bath, Speik oil massage and special cream
- SPEIK body pack
- Alpine Beauty Wellness with Speik cosmetics
- VINO body treatment
Beauty through grapes, essential oils
- ROSE BUD and SEAWEED wraps
- HAY FLOWER PACK
Detailed information and rates: call +43 (0)4240 8282-201
May 22 - July 2, 2010
Bad Kleinkirchheim stands for the ultimate mountain and spa experience!
The package is inclusive of the following services:
- 3 or 7 nights in Bad Kleinkirchheim (accommodation/category of your choice)
- 2 or 4-day lift pass (Bad Kleinkirchheimer Bergbahnen)
- 2 or 4 tickets for the Bad Kleinkirchheim spa centers (all-day at Therme St. Kathrein; 4-hour tickets at Thermal Römerbad)
3 nights and the services mentioned above:
B&B, farm accommodation from EUR 147 including breakfast
Country inn from EUR 186 including half-board
3-star hotel from EUR 219 including half-board
4-star hotel from EUR 255 including half-board
5-star hotel from EUR 333 including half-board
7 nights and the services mentioned above:
B&B, farm from EUR 306 including breakfast
Country inn from EUR 397 including half-board
3-star hotel from EUR 474 including half-board
4-star hotel from EUR 558 including half-board
5-star hotel from EUR 740 including half-board
Discover the beauty of our natural surroundings on leisurely or demanding walks and hiking tours and revel in the sight of Alpine rose in full blossom.
Numerous serviced mountain huts along the way invite you to stop by and sample hearty local specialties made of the very best of fresh local farm produce.
Enjoy walking as a sociable experience and an encounter with unspoiled nature! Every other Thursday Mr. Aufegger, an experienced guide, will show you the beauty of our natural surroundings on leisurely hiking tours. Walking times range from 2.5 to 3 hours. For detailed information on departure times and walking times please contact the tourist office.
A ride into the Nockberge mountains is a must for all nature lovers! The almost 35km long Nockalm road gives access to an area of outstanding natural beauty. The fact that the road is only gently rising has made it popular among motor bikers and cyclists alike. Restaurants and inns along the route serve hearty Carinthian delights.
A total of 40 self-led tours cater for all types of interest and capabilities.
Splash about in one of the many crystal clear lakes. Revel in the sight of Alpine rose at full bloom. And all this from the saddle of your push-bike.
Our spectacular views make for the most enjoyable round of golf that you can have in the mountains.
Covering some 60 hectares of gently rolling hills and magnificent meadows, the beautiful Bad Kleinkirchheim-Reichenau and Kaiserburg 18-hole golf courses are challenging to the low handicap golfer, yet friendly to those with higher handicaps. Besides, you are most likely to come across the famous downhill skier Franz Klammer.
The five PGA pros at Wiedweg Practice Center have brought golfing skills to many each year.
Tennis enthusiasts can rejoice! Bad Kleinkirchheim boasts 25 tennis courts (including indoor tennis facilities) and four tennis schools offering instruction to everyone.
The Hohe Tauern National Park is a paradise for horse lovers. For novice riders there are lounging facilities, whereas the more advanced riders can experience that "John Wayne" feeling on a two-day horse trek.
This award shows that Bad Kleinkirchheim offers both a perfect tourist infrastructure and top-quality health and wellness facilities. The St. Kathrein and Thermal Römerbad spas are surrounded by a large number of wellness hotels and a charming, unspoiled environment.
Bad Kleinkirchheim's popularity is due to the charming landscape of the Nockberge national park, the vast network of walking and hiking trails, and the varied, nature-related offering. Alpine Wellness in Bad Kleinkirchheim stands for outstanding places of relaxation, hammocks set up in particularly lovely beauty spots, for Speik theme walks and treatments (Speik = Celtic Spikenard).
Romance, tradition, nature. Healthy picnic on the mountain: Get a picnic hamper filled with regional specialties! Or enjoy the nights in the new Nockberge Pinewood Rooms - Sound sleep in perfect tune with Mother Nature. Starting in autumn 2007 several accommodation providers will offer stylish and comfortable rooms with pinewood furnishings. Pinewood has been found to have a positive impact on the heart, and on health in general. This inexpensive offer appeals to families in particular!
Wellness in Bad Kleinkirchheim stands for more than saunas, steam rooms and massages. The town and the surrounding Nockberge national park are an oasis of wellbeing and offer a number of attractions that are luxurious and traditional at the same time. Thanks to its favorable location off major traffic routes Bad Kleinkirchheim offers crisp and clean country air and a peaceful and quiet ambience.
The unique Alpine landscape of the Nockberge mountains with its gently rolling hills and vast Alpine meadows was declared a protected national park in 1987. The 35km long road has been fitted into the scenic landscape with regard to environmental sustainability. More information is available at the information points.
Daily from early May to October 26; motorcycles 8am-6pm
Average stay: 2-4 hours
The week preceding the big open-air music festival is packed with activities and fun, including guided walks accompanied by various bands and ensembles and jovial gatherings with music at quaint mountain lodges and restaurants.
The package includes the following services:
7 nights in a double room of your choice
Kärnten Card: includes more than 100 attractions and places of interest + mountain transport
3 tickets for the Bad Kleinkirchheim spa center
Guided "Musi" walks
Admission to the dress rehearsal on July 22 and the open-air festival on July 23, 2011
Bed and breakfast (B&B or farm accommodation) from EUR 353
Inn (half-board arrangement) from EUR 479
3-star hotel (half-board arrangement) from EUR 528
4-star hotel (half-board arrangement) from EUR 612
5-star hotel (half-board arrangement) from EUR 836
Apartments or lodges: please ask!
Rates are per person (double occupancy).
Extra nights: please ask!
Subject to change.
Bad Kleinkirchheim offers a wide range of top hotels featuring all the necessary comfort to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Those who prefer it a bit more personal will appreciate the family-run guesthouses and charming B&Bs. What all of our accommodations have in common, though, is their high standard of hospitality and quality. Bad Kleinkirchheim is the perfect destination for guests on pleasure and business alike. Any time of the year.
We help you organize incentives in perfect tune with nature!
Varied and tailor-made activity program with certified and experienced coaches and guides to suit the participants' ambitions and physical shape.
All programs can be combined and booked on a half-day or full day basis or for several days.
Meals can be organized:
- Sociable gathering with Carinthian snacks
- "Frigga" meal prepared at the campfire
- Picnic by the lake or river
- Fish BBQ on the beach, ...
We also organize evening specials:
- "Mountain Dinner" at Kaiserburg (2,000 m)
- Roman Party at the Römerbad spa
- Captain's Dinner
- Medieval Dinner at a castle
... either high up on a mountain or in a 15th-century hay barn.... It's up to you!
Bad Kleinkirchheim offers the following venues for seminars and conventions:
» Rossalmhütte » Weger Stadl
» Die Einkehr
The warm water containing radon feeds two spa centers:
Themal Römerbad spa
St. Kathrein spa
Water pleasures for the old and young!
Four indoor and outdoor pools, hot Jacuzzi tubs, heated benches, tanning beds, sauna baths, relaxation grottos, cold-water basin, Roman-Irish steam bath, fountain, garden, Kneipp pool, café and restaurant, tepidarium.
It was the Romans who discovered the therapeutic effects of regular sessions in a heated room (30 - 50 °C): It releases tensions, balances blood pressure, ... Esoteric sounds and melodies add to the relaxation effect.
The Thermal Römerbad spa is a real paradise of recreation and relaxation!
- 4,000 m² of health and spa facilities on three levels
- 1,200 m² of pools overlooking the Franz Klammer World Cup ski run
- 13 different saunas; massage center; beauty department
- Children's area (500 m²) - child-related entertainment, Asterix films, ...
Indoor pools: 32 - 34°C
Outdoor pools: 32 - 35°C
Waterfall, whitewater pool, massage nozzles, endless pool, massage center, sauna baths, tanning beds, restaurant, child care