Reith im Alpbachtal: Winter sports for families
In Reith skiers and snowboarders may enjoy many days of sunshine. An eight-seat gondola is the gateway to the small and handy Reither Kogel ski area, which is highly popular among families. Night-time skiing enthusiasts voted the illuminated slope in Reith the best of its kind in the Alps! It is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays until 9.15pm. With some 100 kilometers of slopes and three terrain parks the bustling Skijuwel Alpbachtal – Wildschönau ski area offers skiable terrain for skiers of all ages and ambitions.
From the hotel to the Skijuwel base station within five minutes – thanks to the free ski bus service in Reith im Alpbachtal. Cross-country skiers may enjoy the pristine winter scenery of the Alpbach Valley at a more leisurely pace. Inneralpach, for instance, offers 20 kilometers of trails, while there is a total of some 100 kilometers of groomed trails in the wider area, including the charming Reintalerseenloipen starting in Kramsach and meandering around the namesake lakes. Off-piste activities in Reith im Alpbachtal further include winter walking and ski mountaineering.
More detailed information provided by the Tourist Board
Reith im Alpbachtal - a Family Nest!
The family and flower village of Reith im Alpbachtal cares for children and nature. Juppi's Kids Club offers a colourful activity programme on five days a week. Juppi's Enchanted Forest on Reitherkogel and the Kids' Park in Reith are the perfect outdoor venues for children to romp about and have fun.
Walking, hiking, relaxing
Reith im Alpbachtal offers flat terrain for leisurely walks. In addition, the "Juppi Zauberwald" circular trail on the Reither Kogel is perfect for families.
Alpbachtal Seenland Card
The Card is issued automatically at your accommodation - free of charge and includes the following:
• Wiedersbergerhornbahn (mountain lift) Alpbach with children’s „Lauserland“
• Reitherkogelbahn (mountain lift) Reith i. A. with Juppi Zauberwald circular path
• Sonnwendjochbahn (mountain lift) Kramsach
• NEW: Markjochbahn (mountain lift) Niederau - Wildschönau
• NEW: Schatzbergbahn (mountain lift) Auffach - Wildschönau
• NEW: Farming museum z'Bach Oberau - Wildschönau (not on Thursdays)
• Regiobus Mittleres Unterinntal (VVT) - bus services**
• NEW: Tennis in Kundl
• Tennis in Kramsach
• Indoor swimming pool WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelten
• Reither Badesee Reith i. A. – bathing lake Reith i. A.
• Reintalersee, Kramsach – lake Reintal Kramsach
• Schwimmbad Brixlegg – swimming pool Brixlegg
• Schwimmbad Münster – swimming pool Münster
• Museum of Tyrolean Farmhouses in Kramsach
• Augustinian Museum, Rattenberg
• Mon. – Fri. guided walks (see weekly programme)
• Wed - Guided tour of Rattenberg
• Juppi Kid´s Club Reith i.A. – 5 x a week childcare (Mon. – Fri.)
• guided bike tours & biking technique courses
• curling at the sports facility in Brandenberg
• Sightseeing bus Jenbach-Stans-Schwaz
• reductions at participating partners
Subject to change!
Book your Alpbachtal holiday and get the Alpbachtal Seenland Card for free!
The perfect Winter destination for families!
NEW: Alpbachtal Seenland Card - free services and highlights every day!
Are you a novice skier or do you need a refresher course after a long break from Winter sports? In this case the Reitherkogel slopes are perfect for you!
The Reitherkogel ski area offers superbly groomed and easy slopes on sunny hills. A modern gondola takes you up the mountain in no time at all. For experienced skiers there is the new Ski Juwel Alpbachtal Wildschönau ski area on the Wiedersbergerhorn ans Schatzberg mountains, which is only a short distance away - free shuttle buses operate between Reith and the ski area.
Free of charge daily during the Winter season:
• Regiobus/VVT transportation for skiers and guests
• Children aged 15 years or younger ski for free in the Brandenberg ski area (Mon to Fri; though not on public holidays)
• Free use of beginners' lifts for children aged 15 years or younger (Kramsach)
• WAVE Wörgler Wasserwelten indoor pool (2,5 hours)
• Tennis at the tennis centre in Kramsach
• Snowshoeing: Alpbach, Reitherkogel, Brandenberg
• Guided cross-country skiing in Breitenbach
• Biathlon event for guests (Brandenberg)
• Ice skating & skates rental in Reith i.A., Kramsach
• Free toboggan rental in Münster
• Torchlight tour in Alpbach, Reith i.A., Münster, Kramsach
• Ice curling in Brandenberg
• Free Winter panorama map
• discounts at bonus partner businesses
Subject to change!
Winter activities for kids
Learn to ski at the Reith children's ski school, have fun with your parents, or visit Juppi's Kids Club!
Reith has a lot to offer to families with children both in Summer and in Winter. The Reith ski school and Juppi's Kids Club offer fun and entertainment for the youngest guests. Children aged 3+ years can learn to ski in a playful and relaxed way. Juppi's Kids Club (in the Tourist Information building) is open to children aged 2 years and older. Every Thursday the Reith ski school organises a children's party with music and grilled sausages.
Popular activities for children include tobogganing, ski races, or just romping about in heaps of snow!