Built in the place of the thermal spring in 1492, the Gothic-style St. Kathrein church nestles in a scenic location. The crypt underneath has only recently been renovated and is now a baptistery.
Especially worth mentioning is the wood-covered access to the church, and the large, Gothic winged altar dating from the early 16th century, with wood-carved depictions of Sts Katharina, Barbara and Vinzenz, Jesus, Mary and John.
Also take a look at the magnificent paintings on the outside of the winged altar which - when closed - represent the so called 'working-day side' of the altar with depictions of St Ulrich (patron saint of Bad Kleinkirchheim) and St Christoph.
The first church bell dates back from 1469, which is many years before the church was first mentioned in historic documents.