Thanks to their favorable location at the very heart of the Alps, the ski areas comprised in the OLYMPIA SKI WORLD INNSBRUCK regional cooperative are easily accessible and leave visitors to choose from an extensive number of facilities:
- 6 ski areas - 59 ski lifts - 129.6km of slopes
- cutting-edge snow-making equipment
- snowboard parks
- off-piste skiing and powder runs
- ski passes for individual ski areas or combined passes
- discounts for CLUB INNSBRUCK CARD holders
- free transfer service
- ski and snowboard lessons by highly qualified staff
- numerous restaurants, bars and pubs
Speed freaks are spoiled with a total of 55km of natural sledding tracks in Innsbruck and the surrounding area. The longest track with an overall length of 11km starts at 1,808m above sea level and descends to 1,000m. For an even more thrilling experience the Olympic bob-sleigh track in Igls offers speed rides, while those who prefer sledding at a more leisurely pace will rather head for the family track in Patsch.
To offer visitors an even more serene winter experience off the slopes, Innsbruck and the surrounding towns and villages have joined to come up with a number of walks, snow-shoe hikes and lantern or torchlight tours.
Ice skating and curling buffs are to head for the Innsbruck Olympiahalle indoor and outdoor rinks, whereas ice-climbing is offered at the nearby Stubai Glacier.