It lies on the edge of the alluvial plain of the river Chiese, at the mouth of the Palvico torrent which flows down from the Val di Ledro. The old and picturesque districts of Storo where the houses have typical motifs (long balconies, courtyards, murals on religious themes, etc.) are intersected with cobbled streets, large entranceways and squares with fountains made of granite. This is an important cultural, commercial, industrial, artisanal and agricultural centre with links with nearby Lombardy.
The parish church of San Floriano built in 1199, with an old organ and oil paintings by Romanino, and the small fifteenth century church of San Lorenzo with frescoes by the Baschenis family are both worth a visit. Near the village are the Fontana Bianca and Fontana Santa waterfalls.
Excursions can be made to Dos Cingol where a bastion built in 1484 used to stand and to the Val Lorina with its rare species of flowers.
DARZO - 408 m. a.s.l.
A small village on the right bank of the river Chiese. It has a range of sports facilities which include an indoor sports centre, football pitches, indoor and outdoor tennis courts and bowling alleys. The small Baroque church of San Michele with sixteenth century frescoes and the church of San Giovanni Nepomuceno built in 1754 are worth a visit. Excursions into the mountains can be made along paths with lovely views or by car to the conifer woods of Dos Rotond, the Alpine huts of Plaz, Spina, Valdoneda and Casina Vecia and to Monte Tonolo.
LODRONE - 388 m. a.s.l.
The village, situated where the Valle del Chiese reaches its greatest width, was the home of the Lodron family, one of the most powerful in Trentino during the Middle Ages. Evidence of their presence can still be seen in the Rocca fortress of Santa Barbara (11th century), Palazzo Bavaria (rebuilt in the 16th century) and Palazzo Lodron del Caffaro, also from the same period. Examples of religious art can be seen in the small church of the Madonna dell´Aiuto (18th century) and in the parish church, built in 1499, with frescoes of the Baschenis family. From Lodrone a road leads to the village of Riccomassimo, and from here excursions to Monte Tonolo, to the old village of Bagolino and to the Gaver ski slopes can be made.