Salzkammergut

Conradi Monument - Salzkammergut

Bad Goisern Upper Austria

Adolf and Marianne Conradi from Vienna built this villa (Unterjoch 18) in 1892 and bequeathed it in 1911 to the old peoples' home in Bad Goisern. A memorial stone was erected in their memory. The "Conradi Trail" was also named after them.

In 1913, Dr Stoessl ( a medical doctor) gained posesssion of the villa and converted it into a sanatorium. Following his death, his beneficiaries sold it on to Dr Horowitz in 1925. Dr Horowitz emigrated to England in 1938, and the villa was sold to a family from the South Tirol who converted it into a hotel - the "Hotel in the park".

After 1945, Dr Horowitz became the owner of the villa for the second time, and it was subsequently sold to local medical authorities. The authorities, in 1953/54, converted the property into a Convalescent Home (known as the "Hanuschhof"). In 1993 the building was completely renovated and modernised.



Company
Marktgemeinde Bad Goisern
Nähe Hanuschhof
4822 Bad Goisern am Hallstättersee, Austria


Tel.: +43 (0) 95095 10
Fax: +43 (0) 95095 74

E-Mail: goisern@dachstein-salzkammergut.at

Opening Hours:

Accessible all year round!
Map
Languages
  • German
Suitable for
  • Groups
Others
  • Closed to Visitors