Nockberge/Bad Kleinkirchheim

St. Leonhard Church - Nockberge/Bad Kleinkirchheim

St. Leonhard Church

was first mentioned in 1213. Since 1350 it has been carrying the name "St. Leonhard beim guten Wasser".

The small chapel from former times was converted into a big church. In the 18th century it was used as a mission for the reclamation of protestants.

In 1808 the church was destroyed by a fire, but soon after it was reconstructed.

For many years no services were held in the St. Leonhard church as it was in danger of collapsing. Thanks to enormous efforts by bishop Kapellari renovation works started in 1986, and in 1991 the church was again consecrated to St. Leonhard.

Filialkirche hl. Leonhard
9571 Sirnitz-Hochrindl, Austria


Tel.: +43 4279 240
Tel.: +43 4279 249
Fax: +43 4279 241 16
Suitable for
  • Families
  • Groups
  • Seniors
Others
  • Booking required