Glödnitz

Parish Church - Glödnitz

In former times there was a small Romanesque chapel (12th century) on the grounds of the present church, but there are only a few remains left. The Gothic rotunda was built in 1330.

The main feature in the facade of the church is a low but bulky tower. The entire ensemble is covered with larch shingles. The main entrance is in the northern wall of the church.

The interior is mainly covered with beautiful frescoes. The chancel is covered with painted creepers on pale pink priming. The frescoes were painted by artist August Veiter in 1910.

Filialkirche hl. Johannes der Täufer
Flattnitz
9346 Glödnitz, Austria


Tel.: +43 4265 8222 0
Fax: +43 4265 8222 21

E-Mail: gloednitz@carinthia.co.at
Map