Quiet village with easy motorway or country driving access to all the local attractions, fast or relaxed the choice is yours.
There are many attractions to visit:
- Manderscheid castle just 10 minutes away.
- Bad Bertrich spa town with it's thermal healing waters just 20 minutes away.
- Pretty Cochem town with it's overlooking castle just 30 minutes away.
- Charming Zell town and it's wine tours and wine tasting just 30 minutes away.
- Daun drive through wildlife park is only 20 minutes away.
- Klotten amusement park/zoo can be reached in 30 minutes.
- Of course we cannot forget the ancient volcanic lakes that this region is famous for, two of which are only 3km away. If you want culture then take a boat trip from Cochem or drive to Trier, the oldest Roman city in Germany with it's many roman buildings and museums plus a great shopping area.
Our village of Udler is ideally located along the edge of the Eifel-Maar-Mosel cycling routes. The route is the former railroad track from Daun to Bernkastle, now completely asphalted, and is almost a flat stretch of 37 miles with gentle climbs of 2.5% . It is therefore particularly suited for leisure cyclists and families with children – true in both directions and leading to more inclined routes for professional cyclists. From Daun the track goes over 2 high viaducts and then into forests with plenty of shade and the occasional breathtaking view of the mountainous scenery before exiting the forested area the cyclist crosses a second high viaduct, then passes through the 560m long (Big Bandit) tunnel) – the first of four tunnels before the track emerges into the Volcanic Region of crater lakes – all crater lakes are acclaimed World Heritage