Map
After the capital town of Trento, Rovereto is the second major town of Trentino. The first documentation on Rovereto dates back to the 13th century when this village enjoyed the protection of the castle owned by the Castelbarco. In the next two centuries, this village called the "land of the castle" developed together with other small villages: San Tommaso, Santa Maria, Santa Caterina and Valbusa. In 1411 it passed under the rule of the Republic of Venice, but it was defeated by the Lega di Cambrai in 1509. Rovereto came under the Austrian dominion; the fortified village started transforming into a residential center, with elegant palaces and full of trade and craft production. This was the basis for the future industrial city favored by its strategic geographical location and the abundance of water - given its vicinity to the River Adige water a useful way of communication.
The 18th century was the period of maximum splendour for Rovereto when, thanks to the silk industry, it became the major industrial centre of Trentino. In parallel with this economic growth, there was also artistic and intellectual progress represented by important figures such as Tartarotti, Vannetti, Rosmini, G. Baroni and many others. Within this framework the Accademia degli Agiati was founded in 1750 in order to support the literary and scientific works, represented best by the philosopher Antonio Rosmini. The town suffered during the wars of this century, particularly during the First World War when the opposing armies were fighting on the mountains of the Ledro Valley. These historic events are commemorated in the many monuments of the town and its surroundings.
More Information - Details

Offers

Price per night
Best Price Guarantee
go to top of page

Information on the region

After the capital town of Trento, Rovereto is the second major town of Trentino. The first documentation on Rovereto dates back to the 13th century when this village enjoyed the protection of the castle owned by the Castelbarco family. In the next two centuries, this village called the "land of the castle" developed together with other small villages: San Tommaso, Santa Maria, Santa Caterina and Valbusa. In 1411 it passed under the rule of the Republic of Venice, but it was defeated by the Lega di Cambrai in 1509. Rovereto came under the Austrian dominion; the fortified village started transforming into a residential center, with elegant palaces and full of trade and craft production. This was the basis for the future industrial city favored by its strategic geographical location and the abundance of water - given its vicinity to the River Adige- which was used as a way of communication.
go to top of page

Climate & Weather

go to top of page

Arrival & Address

The village of Rovereto can easily be reached by the motorway (exit Rovereto Sud or Nord, distance 2 km), or the Brennero state road SS12 or the SP90 destra Adige road, the SS46 Pasubio, the SP 2 Terragnolo towards Serrada, the SP 50 Trambileno, SP 89 sinistra Leno and the SP 44 Isera.
Get route
Directly to the railway station of Rovereto, stop of all trains from north and south.
The nearest airports are Verona Catullo (90 km), Venice Marco Polo (195 km), Milan Linate (245 km) and the new airport in Bolzano (60 km).
flight reservation
A.P.T. di Rovereto e Vallagarina
C.so A. Rosmini, 6
38068 Rovereto, Italy